Pages

Friday, May 9, 2014

It Was Mom

With Mother's Day approaching, as one would guess, I've been thinking a lot about my mom. And my mom is SUPER inspiring to me. She has been a major part of me becoming who I am today! I think sometimes we just don't really realize how much our mothers mean to us. As a missionary, I've definitely noticed that a lot more and have been a lot more grateful for her example. One thing that has especially inspired me as I have been serving a mission is my mom's own desire to respond to the call to serve.
When my mom was younger, her and her friend were in a car accident. Her friend was killed, and she was paralyzed from the waist down (supposedly for the rest of her life). However, even being in a wheelchair, she still decided that she wanted to serve a mission. She served faithfully in the California Aneheim Mission for 18 months, and, while on her mission, learned to walk again. She is truly an example of faith preceding miracles and that anything is possible with God.
Knowing this helps to motivate me more everyday, especially when things get hard. When I "grow up", I hope I can be even a fraction as great as her. I love my mother so much, and I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who allowed her to be a part of my life.

What has your mom taught you?


No comments:

Post a Comment