Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

My Heavenly Home

"Therefore, go ye unto your homes, and ponder upon the things which I have said, and ask of the Father, in my name, that ye may understand, and prepare your minds for the morrow, and I come unto you again."
3 Nephi 17:3

A little while ago, one of the children in my ward back home sent me this letter:


I loved it! For a few reasons. Of course one of them is that I love letters. However, that's not the main reason. This letter reminded me of the sweet testimonies small children can have-it goes along really well with my motto: by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. We can learn so much about heaven from the mouths of small children.
I also loved this letter because it was a sweet reminder of home. It was a reminder of my home down in good ole' Idaho Falls where my family is. It was also a reminder of my heavenly home, where our loving Heavenly Father resides. For me, the temple gives me a chance to feel like I'm in my heavenly home. It is a place where I can go and, as the scripture says above, ponder upon the things my Heavenly Father has told me. It is a place where I can pray and seek for more answers, and it is a place where my earthly family can become an eternal family.

What reminds you of your heavenly home?

No comments:

Post a Comment